The Medieval Fortress is located in the city center, just a few minutes from Continental Tirgu Mures, and occupies an area of 4.3 hectares. The fortress consists in a construction fortified with 7 bastions joined with walls.
The medieval fortress was rebuilt on the ruins of a fortress destroyed in 1601. Currently, the fortress is restored after an extensive process that lasted over 5 years.
In Medieval Fortress were discovered, among other things, traces of the country’s first brick and bronze factory, which means that the fortress was among the first industrialized fortifications in Romania.
Over time it hosted many cultural events, which has become a tradition.
Annually there are several events of interest to tourists and other events of interest to city residents, events that bring together over 80,000 participants. Here, there are host events like “Days of Targu Mures” (in May), “Beer Festival” (May), “Feast of wine and must” (in September) and more.
Address: Street Avram Iancu / Bd. Fortress, Targu Mures